Thursday, April 21, 2011

Monet

A friend's recent visit to Giverny, 45 miles west of Paris, Claude Monet's home for the last 43 years of his life, has renewed my interest in Monet. He and Renoir are my favorite impressionist painters. My friend showed me pictures of Giverny that were breath-taking. As are pictures you can see at giverny-France.com Today Jan and I viewed the Monet's Water Lilies exhibit at Nelson Museum. This exhibit is on display until August 7 and is well worth seeing. I visited the Orangerie, in Paris, which houses about 12 of his large Water Lily paintings, with Rosemary in1977. And I viewed the three paintings from the Kansas City, Cleveland and St. Louis museums when they were last together--in St. Louis--in 1980. Other favorite paintings of Monet are his haystacks.

1 comment:

Carolee Hayes said...

Thank you for commenting on this exhibit and Monet. We were able to go to Giverny when we last visited Paris and it was a wonderful experience. Maybe we will try to get to KC to see this exhibit. We are fans of Monet as well.

Glad you are still blogging. You're an inspiration to us all.

Carolee Hayes